Sun, Jul 16|
Abuse, Trauma and Faith
Join Jennifer Jill Schwirzer's trauma healing workshop. Understand trauma, learn grounding techniques, face triggers, explore trauma treatments, and foster long-term growth. Gain knowledge, implement changes, and connect with a supportive community. No NBCC credit.
Time & Location
Jul 16, 2023, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM GMT-4
About the event
Author, counselor, and traumatologist Jennifer Jill Schwirzer will lead a group in healing from trauma. This workshop is change-oriented. It's more than information; it's a growth experience over six weeks with six sessions, one per week.
Session One - Comprehending- Gaining an understanding of trauma and its effects
Session Two - Calming- Learning important grounding techniques and calming lifestyle measures.
Session Three - Confronting- Facing triggers with courage
Session Four - Constructing- Understanding how trauma treatment works
Session Five - Continuing- Exploring more trauma treatments
Session Six - Consolidating- Gathering together lessons learned, fostering optimism for long-term growth.
Learning Objectives: This workshop is designed to help you:
- • learn about abuse and trauma, their diagnoses, prevalence, and prognosis
- • identify current research on lifestyle habits and grounding exercises that have been shown to improve symptoms
- • utilize cognitive, relational, and other empirically-validated interventions to help symptoms
- • connect to a supportive learning and change community that values mental health principles
- • implement helpful changes into your everyday life.
This workshop does not provide NBCC credit.
Includes 6 online zoom sessions and course material.$200.00+$5.00 service fee